It was a beautiful summers day in Adelaide and the wife and I decided to treat ourselves to a nice Italian style lunch. I’ve been meaning to try out Anthony’s Cucina & Pizzeria for ages as I always drive past on the way to the in-laws. Today we actually stopped for lunch and we were so glad we did.
Anthony’s Cucina & Pizzeria Review
We were actually greeted at the door by Anthony himself, that’s him in the photo above. Having someone greet us in such a pleasant and friendly manner is such a pleasure. Anthony showed us to our table, no we didn’t book, and within a very short time our lovely waitress gave us our menu and took our drink order.
I loved the look of the restaurant with the high ceilings and spacious settings. But lets forget the decor and get down to the food. You can see their menu here. We had Arancini as an entree and it was delicious. Not your normal arancini either as this one was a pumpkin arancini with Taleggio cheese on a bed of truffle aioli.
Now those of you who know me know how much I love my risotto so it was with some trepidation that I ordered the Risotto Zucca! This risotto was a combination of rice (obviously lol) pancetta, roast pumpkin, fresh sage and Parmesan cheese. Without even tasting it I added extra Parmesan because that’s just what I do. What can I say other than I loved it! It was so full of flavour.
The wife’s dish doesn’t actually appear on the menu. Maybe it was part of the house special or something? Anyway you can see it in the image above. It was a spaghetti marinara and I could tell by the look on her face that she was really enjoying it. Which is cool because it’s hard to please a Sicilian when it comes to seafood.
This link will take you to their FaceBook About page which has their address and phone number in case you want to book ahead. I don’t think their email address works so they may want to have a look at that.
Would I go there again? Bloody oath I would.
Originally this blog was all about scenic sites and stories of Adelaide. I then incorporated great places to eat and then my experience with some of the local businesses. The last post being all about my review of Adam Solar Solar Panels.
Today’s post is my Godfreys Salisbury review.
Godfrey Salisbury Review Hoover Ultra Power
It all began when my old cordless vacuum cleaner died. I’ve been to this Godfreys store before with my parents and was so impressed with their service that I decided to make it my first port of call. As it turns out I found the perfect cordless vacuum cleaner, for me, and did business then and there.
The salesman happened to be Darren Reid the actual store owner. It turns out that Darren has over 20 years experience in the vacuum cleaner business and so was quite knowledgeable.
Darren was really friendly and not a pushy salesman at all. I started off with the cheapest cordless, sorry I don’t remember which one it was but it cost about $99. As you all know you get what you pay for and that particular one just didn’t have any power. You could actually stop the brush from spinning with your hand!
I worked my way up to the Hoover Ultra Power 2 in 1 cordless stick. You can see it over there on the left, next to Darren. I wanted something with a lithium battery and this one had a 21V lithium battery. I also liked that it had a LED battery life indicator.
The only thing I didn’t like about it was the crevice tool which I found to be a little short. Don’t know what they were thinking when they put that one together.
All in all though I found the Hoover Ultra to be perfect for my needs. I especially love the LED lights that show you everything in the vicinity of your vacuuming job. No way you’re going to miss anything with that little sucker on.
If you’re looking for any type of vacuum I can highly recommend the guys at Godfreys Salisbury. Who knows, tell them you read this post and they may even give you a little discount. 😉
This post is about my experience with Adam Solar. Like so many other home owners I decided to do something about the ever increasing electricity costs of running a household in Adelaide. It was time to do something about it and that meant finding the best solar panel installer in Adelaide.
That involved a hell of a lot of research and getting a whole lot of quotes, to make sure I was getting the best solar panels installation that my hard earned money could buy.
Later on in this post I will reveal which solar panels and inverter I chose and why I opted for a 5KW solar system instead of the recommended 3KW solar system. First I’m going to tell you the top ten reasons that make Adam Solar the best solar panel installer in Adelaide.
Top 10 Reasons Adam Solar Is Best Solar Panel Installer In Adelaide
- South Australian Company: I wanted a South Australian company to insure there would be a higher probability of great followup service if the need eventuated. These guys are actually based in Adelaide.
- Solar Industry Knowledge: During my discussions about installing solar panels on my home I mainly dealt with Adam and Spenser and these guys were very knowledgeable and able to answer all my queries about the installation of solar panels.
- Physical Inspection Of Job: Where other installers showed me a Google image of where the panels would be placed Adam sent someone out to inspect the job to ensure that it could be done. This would probably be because I explained I had raked/cathedral ceilings and that other solar panels installers said it couldn’t be done.
- No High Pressure Salesmen: I hate it when companies try to pressure you into buying something. There was none of that crap with the guys at Adam Solar. They simply told you how it is and left it up to you to decide, answering any questions in such a manner that was easy to understand. There was none of that talking down to you when you needed them to go into further detail.
- Selection Of Solar Panels: Unlike Integra (I’ll mention them again later, and not in a good way ;)) who concentrated on their Black Max solar panels, Adam Solar offered a selection of solar panels that made it easier to compare with other solar panels installers.
- SMA Sunnyboy Inverters: My research had put the SMA Sunnyboy inverter at the top of the list as the best inverter around so it was important to me that the solar panel installer had them available.
- Best Price For Solar Panel System: Naturally, cost is a factor and out of the four quotes I got Adam Solar was the cheapest. The Integra salesman wasn’t prepared to offer a quote until after I sourced the other quotes! What’s with that anyway? Needless to say I never called them back. When AGL finally called back I had already given the job to Adam Solar.
- Great Service And Followup: I mentioned earlier how they were exceptional when it came to resolving any issues and questions we had. They were also the first one to contact us back. Whether by messages or phone call they were always available. Once the job was done, Adam rang us the next day to make sure we were happy with our new solar panels system
- Best Reviews: I was once a salesman and I know better than to take everything they say for granted. That being the case reviews left by others were important in my decision making.
- Professional Tradesmen: The installation of any solar system is only as good as the tradesmen involved. The Adam Solar tradesmen were exceptional. They got on with the job in a professional manner and took everything back with them when they left. Apart from my new solar panels it was as if they were never there.
What Are The Best Solar Panels
As to the best solar panels, this is a question asked by many looking to install solar panels to their home. I was tossing up between the Jinko 260W PolyCrystalline panels and the California solar panels. I couldn’t really make up my mind and went with the Jinko as Adam believed them to be the better option. I decided against the LG MonoX Panels, another option, as that would have added another $1000 to the cost.
How Many Solar Panels Needed For A Home?
The amount of solar panels you need would depend on your electricity consumption. The more you consume the more you need to cover your cost. According to AGL System size calculator I needed a 3KW system. This was also confirmed by a couple of the quotes I received. I opted for 5KW because I plan to install a battery system at a later date so I can finally go completely off the grid.
Even though I’m only getting 6c a KW rebate from AGL I figure any extra off the bill will always be a bonus. In the first week of the installation I’ve pumped over 250KW into the grid which is another $15 off my bill.
Another reason for getting extra panels is because I figured that on cloudy days and in the winter month they would make up for the poorer performance generating more than was otherwise possible.
The Truth About A 5KW Solar Power Output
When I first got my solar panels installed I thought they would be producing 5KW as long as the sun was shining. This is not the case. The only time you’re getting full production is when the sun is nearing and at its peak. One to two hours a day. You can see it building as the sun reaches it’s peak and declining as it lowers towards sunset.
Best Way To Utilise Solar Energy
Just a quick tip to get the most out of your solar panels. Make sure you do all your clothes washing/drying, dishwashing and anything else during the day where your solar power soaks up your energy consumption.
All in all I’m entirely satisfied with Adam Solar and would highly recommend them to family and friends.